Arab States Weekly Review 4th – 10th Dec 2010

Direct talks between Israelis and Palestinians, which were stalled since September, would not resume according to American officials. The statement marks the end of the latest American attempt to forge a deal leading to the creation of a Palestinian state. Hillary Clinton, secretary of state, is expected to present new ideas soon.

The ruling National Democratic Party won 83% of parliamentary seats in a second round of the general elections in Egypt. The remaining 17% went to ‘independents’ likely to back the government. The round was boycotted by the Muslim Brotherhood, Egypt’s main opposition party.

No Comments Yet

There are no comments yet. You could be the first!

Leave a Comment

    Search the Blog